The Q&A Archives: Perennials for zone 5

Question: Hello, I live in Chicago and I would love to plant perennials in the front of my home that has a partial-sun exposure. I am looking for something that is around 3 feet tall with a variety of different colors. Any suggestions?
Thank you for your time and expertise.

Answer: Most perennials bloom for only 3-4 weeks so if you have a variety of plants, you'll always have something in bloom. The longest blooming perennials for your gardening zone include Achillea (June-Sept), Agastache (July-Sept), Campanula (June-Aug), Echinacea (June-Sept), Coreopsis (June-Sept), Daylilies (June-Sept), Gaillardia (June-Oct), Heliopsis (June-Sept), Lavender (June-Sept), Nepeta (June-Sept), Scabiosa (May-Oct), Salvia (June-Sept), and Verbena (June-Oct). Enjoy your colorful garden!