The Q&A Archives: Yellow Leaves on Lantana

Question: My lantana are not coming back very well this season. (purple flowers, 1 gallon size) The leaves are turning yellow on some, some look okay but feel very dry, and they are not growing back as well. They have southern exposure with full sun. I think I may have pruned them too much this winter, will they be okay? Also how often and how long should I be watering them? They are in the ground on an irrigation timer. Any advise you can give me would be great, I love my lantana!

There may not be anything at all wrong with your lantana. Lantana loves heat and generally doesn't put out any new growth until the temperatures reach 80F. You didn't mention where you live, but unless it's in the southwest desert, the weather may not have warmed up enough for your lantana. Lantana is drought tolerant. You can water your plants twice a week in the summer and if you have drip irrigation, 30 minutes per session with a half-gallon emitter should do it.

Just be patient - your lantana should begin growing soon.