The Q&A Archives: How can I save the leaves on the citrus tree? Rio red grapefruit

Question: How can I save the leaves on my Rio red grapefruit container tree? Fruit is approx 1

Answer: Carolyn,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

I am not clear on what is happening to the leaves of your citrus tree. If they are falling off it may be due to erratic soil moisture levels, such as to dry or too soggy wet. You can tie in the limbs loosely to direct the tree growth as you see fit. Light pruning is another good way to direct the growth of the tree. If I misunderstood your question please submit another one and I'll be happy to try again