The Q&A Archives: orchids

Question: My orchids have developed branch roots, can I create new plants, the foliage is lush, but no blooms.

Answer: Eleonora,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

I am not sure what you mean by branch roots. If the orchid stem has branched and there are roots on these branches you can separate the plants to create new plants. Some types of orchids only bloom at certain times of the year so it is not unusual to see a plant go for a period of time without blooming.

The following website will provide you with a wealth of information on growing orchids, and should be very useful to you.