The Q&A Archives: How to identify poisonous mushrooms?

Question: How do I identify poisonous mushrooms? They are cropping up in various areas of my lawn. It wouldn't be a problem because I know that eventually, they will die off as the food supply decays. However, I have both kids & pets & I'm concerned about it for that reason.

Answer: Mushrooms in lawns are not considered edible, but they aren't considered toxic, either, unless you consume lots and lots at one time. I'd go out with a rake and knock them down so they're aren't so attractive to kids and pets. They will stop growing when the weather warms up.

Best wishes with your lawn!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."