The Q&A Archives: natural spring in my back yard.

Question: I have a natural spring in my back yard which creates a very messy area. I would like to transform this spring into a water feature, so the water can be contained and filtered. What is the best method to go about building the water feature?

Thank you for your assistance with this problem.

Answer: Heather,
your options are to either plant the area has a bog garden by selecting plants which thrive in what areas, or to dig out an area to create upon for aquatic plants. I suggest you are landscaper to at least consult by looking over the area and noting the unique features in their landscape. This is important in order to create a successful long term water garden. The following website provides great information to assist you in building a water garden in your Georgia landscape: