The Q&A Archives: herb growing in Phoenix AZ

Question: Help!!! I just need to know how to grow herb; such as rosemary, dill, ciltrano,etc. I have tried and failed many times. Again HELP
Linda Lacey
P.S. I have many more questions

Answer: You may be trying to grow your herbs at the wrong time of the year. In other parts of the country dill, cilantro, etc. thrive in full sunshine. Here in Phoenix they will do better with some afternoon shade. Rosemary is the exception - it thrives in full sun with moderate water. Try growing your herbs in containers so you can move the containers to a partially shady spot in May. I plant my herb seeds in containers in February and they grow beautifully in a sunny location until the weather begins to get hot. I move them to a site with morning sun and afternoon shade in late April or early May and then move them back into full sunshine in October. Give this a try and see if it works for you.

As for your other questions, feel free to submit as many questions as you like to this forum. One question per submission via the Home Depot site.

Best wishes with your garden!