The Q&A Archives: Garden care

Question: I live in Snelville GA and the soil is terrible, I planted some cabbages and they are doing well, there is one problem, I notice worms boring them now they are folding into heads, what can I do to eliminate them, and can the cabbages be saved? Help!

Answer: Liston,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

The best way to control the caterpillars that eat cabbage is with a product containing B.t. There are several brands on the market including Thuricide, Dipel and Ortho's Bio Worm Killer. These products are natural and don't harm other types of insects, just caterpillars.