The Q&A Archives: Queen Palm Florida

Question: I have Queen Palm about 11 years old surrounded by driveway and walk (270 degrees). Live in Central FL. Fronds are turning yellow. Fertilized with 13-13-13 about 2 weeks ago, prior to that about 6 mos ago. No frizzle - used maganese. Used magnesium for yellowing. Used soil sulpher to adjust PH. All this within the past 2 weeks. Have been watering regularly, slow water from hose end for about 1 hr every other day. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barbara

Answer: Barbara,

It sounds like you are doing everything about right. I suggest you dig down and feel the soil about 6 inches deep to see whether it is moist were perhaps too soggy wet. If the Palm doesn't resume normal growth soon I suggest you take a photo of it to your County Extension Office to see if they can recognize a specific deficiency symptoms or other possible cause.