The Q&A Archives: Cherry Tree

Question: I have a cherry tree. Planted it in April. I noticed that one of the branches is drying up. What do I need to do to save it from all drying up. I already cut off the dry branch. It is a 4 in 1 semi-dwarf fruit tree.

Answer: Your 4 in 1 cherry tree has four different varieties of cherries grafted onto the tree. It sounds as though one of the grafted branches died. This sometimes happens and the best thing to do is to cut it off the tree. Now you probably have only 3 different cherries on your tree. There's not much you can do to keep the grafts from dying out - it just happens. To keep your tree as healthy as possible, make sure it gets plenty of sunshine and than you water it deeply once or twice a week.

Best wishes with your tree!

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"