The Q&A Archives: watering adobe soil

Question: Is there something I can use to make adobe soil so the water will penetrate the surface, not something I have to dig in to the soil since the plants are already in the ground.

Answer: There is a product called liquid gypsum which is 90 percent calcium chloride and it claims to aerate clay soils. It is manufactured under the name Soil Logic Liquid Gypsum. You may find it in the garden centers or you can read about it/purchase it online (

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."