The Q&A Archives: Jasmine Bush issues

Question: My Jasmine is suffering and I'm clueless.
It went from hearty green leaves and abundant flowers to pale, sickly yellow leaves and sporadic flowers. I've fertilized it, and kept it watered during the drought and it seems to be dying a slow death.... the trunks of the plants have what looks like a white mold, and in other places, patches of green mold...I plan on using a herbicide/fungicide next. ...If you can help me with this, I'd be eternally grateful!

Answer: Maria,

Sounds like it may have been kept too wet or watered too often. If your soil is not well drained this is more likely the cause. Anyway you can either take a sample to your County Extension Office for diagnosis or try purchasing a fungicide and drenching it over the bed according to label instructions. This is a hit and miss approach since we don't know which fungus is causing the problem but it may work. The ingredients to look for when you go shopping are: benomyl or triadimefon (Bayleton) .

Thanks and please stop in again soon!