The Q&A Archives: New sod

Question: I have replaced the sod in a small area 2 times with two different kinds of sod. And I'm having the same problem. Within aprox 1-2 months it dies. The second batch is one that can handle more shade and rain and still have a problem.

Answer: Julie,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

You did not mention what type of grass or planting. Not all types are equally adapted. In the grassy or planting is an adapted type I see just the problem could be either due to a lack of water or possibly a disease or insect. I suggest you contact your County Extension Office and see about bringing in a sample from the lawn or even photos of the plants to see if they can identify them for you.