The Q&A Archives: vegetable garden

Question: i'm a first time gardener in colorado and am having problems. something seems to be eating my cuc's and peppers. i also have some white spots on my tomatoes. the cucumbers are flowering but something ate through one of them and it looks like a doiley now (the others are still hanging in there). my peppers each have only a few fruits but lots of holes in the leaves. and my tomatoes are really growing but the leaves have some white spots on them. i'm just wondering if they could all be experiencing the same problem and what i can do so help them out. thanks!

Answer: I wish I had answers for all your vegetable problems but you didn't supply enough information for me to pinpoint exactly which critter might be at work. Rather than trying to guess, I refer you to an extremely helpful site sponsored by Colorado State University. It has tons of information and links to specific crops and crop pests. It also has both organic and chemical control measures. Hope you find this site helpful!

Best wishes with your veggie garden!