The Q&A Archives: Serpentine Tree Care

Question: I purchased a serpentine tree on 7/19/08 at Home Depot in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I cannot find any information on the internet regarding taking care of this type of tree. In fact, I cannot even find the type of tree I purchased online. The serpentine trees I find online are not the type of tree I have. I need to know how large it will become, best place to plant, watering, pruning, etc. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lynda

Answer: I think you'll need to look more carefully at the plant tag or at the label on the nursery pot to find the botanical name of your tree. The term serpentine tree means it has been trained into a serpentine shape. If you can't determine the kind of tree you have, take a photo or a branch to your local nursery and ask someone there to identify it. Then we can guide you in its care.

Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "French Marigold"