The Q&A Archives: palm trees

Question: my name chuck and I have a palm in my front yard that has yellow branches and the trunk has an orange color to it and the base just above the dirt appears to be opening up and it looks kindof stringy

Answer: Chuck,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Your description of the palm problem doesn't bring anything to mind as to what is causing it. I suggest you take some photos to your County Extension Office to see if they can look them over and better diagnose the problem. Then they can recommend what you may be able to do to help the plant. Their contact information is:

559 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33415