The Q&A Archives: What kind of plant do I have?

Question: I rescued a dying plant from my dad a few months ago. The plant is now doing very well but I don't know what kind of plant it is. It is in a hanging plant pot- about 7 or 8 in. across. The steams are vine like-probably med. thickness. The leaves are almost heart shaped and a beautiful full green. I live in hot humid Fl. The plant sits on the back porch facing S. The plant gets about 1 hr. morning sun and 1 hr. evening sun then is shaded under an oak tree for the remaining time. I mist it daily and water every few days. I tried to be descriptive but if it helps I have pics; I just dont know where to send them.
Thank you for yor help, my family and I are excited to learn about this plant :)

Answer: Cassie,

Unfortunately we are not able to receive digital photos in our Q&A system and a photo is needed to identify that plant. I suggest you take a photo or a leaf to your County Extension Office for identification. They should be able to tell the identity with a sample or good clear photograph in hand.