The Q&A Archives: Rose Bushes

Question: I have a problem with my rose bushes they seem to lose all the leaves. I water them evry evening, Use Rose Alive furtilizer and the insects products. They have enough sun, all day long. Have any ideas

Answer: If you're regularly feeding your roses and no insects are present, the yellowing leaves are probably a sign of overwatering. Daily watering is just too much for your plants. Roses should be deeply watered once or twice a week during the summer months, depending upon the weather. Set a sprinkler beneath your rose bush and let it run for 10-15 minutes. Then don't water again for 4-5 days. This will provide enough moisture to the roots of the plants and will also allow the soil to dry out a bit before the next watering. I think you'll see an improvement in your roses when you follow this watering schedule.

Best wishes with your roses!