The Q&A Archives: Mangos

Question: I have a 4 years keitt mango tree and up now have not yield any fruits, the tree bloom flowers and then the flowers start getting brownish and then they bunch together and the turn black and that is it! no mangos.....the tree look healthy and in off season new nice shoots spruceup and the tree is getting biger. Any sugestions?

Answer: Abraham,

Very strange. Mangoes set many flowers that have both male and some that are male and female parts and thus are capable of setting fruit. These blooms are pollinated by various insects. I am not sure what is going wrong with your mango trees. I suggest you contact your local County Extension Office to see what they say about it. They have local experience with such fruits and may be aware of a local problem going on with mangoes. Their contact information is:

Lee County Extension
3406 Palm Beach Blvd
Ft. Myers, FL 33916-3736
Phone (239) 533-4327

The following web site may be helpful also: