The Q&A Archives: fleas

Question: I spray flea tick and insect spray on my usually works but now my dogs get so many fleas on them latley it seems just when there outside to potty...what should i put down that is safe for the animals to run on but kill the fleas...also i have a crawl basement...should i put the flea killer under there also

Answer: Sunni,

Treating any area that the dogs lie in will help. Getting rid of fleas is a combination effort including treating pets to kill fleas on them as well as killing fleas outdoors and indoors with products that kill adults and with growth regulator products that prevent eggs and larvae from developing. These must all be done together in order to shut down the cycle of the insects. The following web site offers more helpful and detailed information. Click on the words "View PDF" to pull up a PDF file of the publication.

Thanks and stop in to our web site again soon!