The Q&A Archives: Which outdoor plants that are water tolerant will work for me?

Question: I live in the lower south region, and I swear it rains everywhere but here. Our house is 2 years old, so our trees are very small and therefore do not produce shade yet. Can you tell me which plants, bushes, flowers, anything that will grow in our yard? Our house faces north and south if that helps you.

Answer: Tara,

There are many plants that will do fine in your area. I suggest you visit the following two web sites for more info than I can fit into this brief e-mail reply:

I also suggest you visit the wonderful Dallas Arboretum as it has great plantings with many ideas and that way you can see what you like and choose your plantings accordingly!