The Q&A Archives: Green Emerald House plant

Question: I purchased a Green Emerald plant about 2 1/2 months ago. After about a month, the leaves began to turn brown and fall off. I split the plant because it appeared to be root bound. I also moved it to a different location. It is doing some better but some of the leaves are still turning brown but not as fast as before. It is a beautiful plant and I do not want to lose it. What should I do?

Answer: Emerald Green is a relatively generic name so I don't know exactly which houseplant you are growing and can't tell whether it needs more or less light or more or less humidity than it is getting now. If you can determine the botanical name of the plant, we can provide specific care instructions. Good luck with your plant!