The Q&A Archives: Planting after spraying Round-Up

Question: Is it possible to plant vegetables in an area that has been sprayed with Round-Up? If so, is there a recommended waiting period or process that I should follow before sowing or planting in the specified area?

Answer: You should find the information you need on the Roundup label. But if you don't have or can't read the label, I'll offer the following: According to University of California at Davis, Glyphosate (Roundup or Kleenup)can be used in the garden prior to planting several garden vegetables. After 7 days, the seeds, rooted cuttings, or transplants of many garden vegetables can be planted. The biggest exception is tomatoes. Tomato transplants cannot be planted for 30 days; however, seeds may be planted 7 days after the use of glyphosate. Again, the label lists the plants and proper waiting intervals for planting.