The Q&A Archives: camila's

Question: my camilas leaves have white spots on them. they look like they need something else,i was told to put iron fertilizer on them. they really don't look any better,they have also quit blooming as much as they did. i need to know when to apply to. where in the yard is the best place? thank you!

Answer: Melba,

The white spots could be a leaf disease or an insect such as scale or mealybugs. I suggest you take some leaves to your County Extension Office for them to look over and diagnose/identify. Their contact info is:
43 Maple Street
Ringgold, GA 30736-2313
Phone: 706-935-4211

In the meantime try fertilizing the plants with a product for acid loving plants such as Azalea/Camellia food or Miracid following label rates. Camellias need a bright area but not direct sun for best growth and blooming.