The Q&A Archives: ground cover

Question: What ground cover can be used in a 6'-deep ditch that runs next to my property? Other than burning the weeds and grasses I would like it to look nice, and help with erosion.

Answer: Peaceful Valley Farm Supply offers erosion control seed mixes, and as I suspected, they feature crown vetch and other legumes (clovers) as a foundation to erosion control. Their mixes also contain grasses and some feature wildflowers! You can usually find these seeds at farm supply stores, but if you want to check out their catalog, here's Peaceful Valley's address: PO Box 2209, Grass Valley, CA 95945; ph# 916/272-4769. Good luck!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Char and is called "'Diamond Head' Sunrise"