The Q&A Archives: Help with plant I.D. !

Question: I bought a couple of small containers of bright yellow ,daisy like flowers with pinnately lobed green leaves, yellow cushiony centers. I was told by the clerk at the gardencenter that it is a Melampodium, but every picture I have searched or guggled comes just short of I.D. it because the leaves don't match. It is not the

Answer: Lila,
I agree that the yellow flowers are not Melampodium based on that description. The only thing that comes to mind at this time is an Euryops. This web site has a photo for you to consider:

Regarding the aster I can't know which one that might be as there are many and they all would be described in a similar way. A local botanical garden or your County Extension Office might be able to help. You can plant any of those plants with Angelonia but a 14 inch container is too small. The angelonia alone is enough to fill that container.