The Q&A Archives: Seed Starting for a Beginner

Question: I am new to planting, and I want to make sure I start out right. Can you tell me what I need to do in order to start with the seeds indoors?

Answer: A great way to begin is by reading! One book that I believe belongs in the libraries of anyone and everyone from beginner to expert seed starter is "Parks Success With Seeds". I wouldn't start a seed without it. It has just about everything you could ever want to know about seeds: types, germination info., lighting, temperature, soil, pictures of seeds/seedlings, cross references, etc. This book is available from Park Seed. You can reach them at<br> or Ph. # 1-800-845-3369.<br><br> There is also a great website called "The Official Seed Starting Home Page" at -- it has lots of valuable seed starting information.