The Q&A Archives: Plant Identification

Question: I purchased a plant in the fall at a nuraery. The plant was labeled as a Baleria. The owner of the nursery did not have<br>much information on the plant because it was fairly new. <br>I put it in the ground in full sun and it seems to be doing<br>alright. I can't seem to find the name baleria in any of my gardening books. I would like to know more about this plant to take proper care of it. Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

Answer: Would you accept Baeria? Also known as Lasthenia. It's a member of the Compositae family, either a short-lived perennial or biennial plant, from Chile. They like bright sunshine, and reasonable amounts of water in the summer. The disc-shaped flowerswill be either yellow or white. Should be a nice addition to your garden!