The Q&A Archives: Donkey's Tail Sedum Houseplant

Question: Hi,

I purchased a Sedum Burrito (Donkey's Tail) houseplant early this summer and I had it living happily outside until recently. Since the weather has been getting cold in Zone 5, I moved it into my bathroom in front of a window that is facing East (it does get a decent amount of diffused sunlight), however, now I have many of the

Answer: Some succulents can be successfully grown indoors, when placed in a bright, sunny window. A sunny south or west window is best. In rooms with insufficient light, you can place succulents under artificial lighting. A fluorescent lightfixture containing one cool white and one warm white tube provides adequate light for succulents and otherhouseplants. Position the fixture 6 to 12 inches abovethe plants and keep them lit for 12 to 16 hours daily. You can water thoroughly now and then wait 4-5 weeks before watering again. Indoors, succulents do not need a lot of water, especially in the winter time. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by Lestv and is called "Butterfly on Spider Lily"