The Q&A Archives: who to call to get rid of bees in the attic

Question: Thanks for answering my question about blueberry bushes so quickly. I got the answer the same day. Now I would like to ask you how to get rid of bees in the attic of my friend's house. They live in Riverside county,CA nearby me and I think I read somewhere that you can call someone like the county extension and they will remove the bees for you. Is there a charge for this service and how do you get their number? Thanks very much. Irma

Answer: You can contact your local cooperative extension office but rather than be interested in taking care of the problem, I suspect they will simply give you a list of recommended beekeepers who might be interested in moving the bees in your friend's attic. You might also check your local phone book or classified ads for beekeepers. If you call a pest control company, they will kill the bees and remove the nest. I'd vote for trying to find a beekeeper to remove the bees. Here's the cooperative extension office contacts:

Cooperative Extension Riverside County
21150 Box Springs Road, Ste 202
Moreno Valley, CA 92557-8718
Phone: (951) 683-6491
Fax: (951) 788-2615

Indio Office
82-675 Highway 111
Indio, CA 92557-8718
Phone: (760) 863-8293
Fax: (760) 775-0600

Palo Verde Office
290 North Broadway
Blythe, CA 92557-8718
Phone: (760) 921-7884
Fax: (760) 921-7887

Best wishes with your project!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"