The Q&A Archives: red and/or yellow peppers plants

Question: the red and yellow peppers plant are drying up, leaves are cured up even thou i am getting flowers, i put up shade cloth, no better. the green peppers plaants are fine along with corn, beets, brochly, radashs, beans, carrots, its to soon to tell about the potatoes. thxs, BILL

Answer: William,
Very strange indeed. I am not sure why the red and yellow peppers would do that if the green ones are fine. The only things that come to mind is:
Perhaps those peppers are in different soil conditions (dryer, wetter, contaminant in the soil)
Perhaps those peppers were sprayed with something that burned the foliage.
Perhaps those varieties are more prone to foliage or root diseases.
I suggest you take some photos and leaf samples or an entire plant sample to your local County Extension Office for them to look over and diagnose. Their contact info is:
Sarasota County Extension - 6700 Clark Road, Twin Lakes Park, Sarasota, FL 34241-9328
Phone: (941) 861-5000 (Ask for the Sarasota County Extension)