The Q&A Archives: Looking for Torenia plants

Question: I'm looking for a source for Torenia plants in suburban Washington, DC c(Maryland/Northern Virginia). Used to find them at nurseries in the area, but not in the past 2-3 years. Tried growing from seeds, but they are nearly microscopic and difficult to work with I'm relegated to container gardening with no option for plants to winter over.

Answer: I can't believe that great big WDC is without one Torenia! I'm not sure I can help you find any this year . But next year, you'll have several options. You can make a special request at your favorite nursery early in the season. Or you can order early from Burpee's catalog for plants to be delivered to your door at the right time. Or you can check with Frank's Nursery which may carry Burpee's Garden Plants including our exclusive Torenia Happy Faces Mix.