The Q&A Archives: Chrysanthemums

Question: I would like to orders chrysanthemums seeds or plants which produce large flowers for florists. I wants to collect many types and colors. Also, would like to know if they have events such as Chrysanthemum shows or contest in Maryland, Virginia or Washington D.C.<br><br>I'm also looking for a source of Champaca.

Answer: Here's a source for you: Sunnyslope Gardens (8638 Huntington Dr., San Gabriel CA 91775; ph# 626/287-4071). They sell mums for competition. For information about local competitions, contact The National Chrysanthemum Society, Inc., at 10107 Homar PondDr., Fairfax Station, VA 22039; ph# 703/978-7981. You can order champaca (Michelia champaca) from The Banana Tree, 715 Northampton St., Easton PA 18042; ph# 610/253-9589. Enjoy!