The Q&A Archives: old fashioned rose bush

Question: I am looking for an old fashioned rose bush that will blossom all summer. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Answer: I love old fashioned rose bushes, but the only problem is most of them will only bloom once during the growing season. There are a few, such as the Autumn Damask roses, that will repeat bloom in fall, but if you are looking for a all summer long bloomingrose, you might try the English Roses. They are similar to old fashioned roses in growth, flower and scent, but are constant bloomers. Unfortunately, in your area that are marginally hardy. If you an to try them consider 'Mary Rose', 'AbrahamDarby' and 'Graham Thomas'. These and others are available from, Hardy Roses for the North, Box 9, Danville, WA 99121-0009, (250)442-8442,

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"