The Q&A Archives: Brown Edges On Tomato Leaves

Question: I'm not sure if this is a viral infection, but one of my roma tomato plants has brown edges along the leaves. It looks healthy but I don't think this is a good sign. <br>

Answer: Viral infections usually have very distinct patterns that show up on leaves, stems and fruit. The browning of the edges of the leaves of your plants are more likely caused by over or under watering, or overfertilizing. If the plant looks healthy otherwise, just treat it normally and watch for new growth. If new leaves emerge without the browning, the problems was transitional, and probably cultural. If new leaves look stunted, off-color or otherwise unhealthy, it could be a fungal or bacterial disease and you might want to pitch the plant so the problem doesn't spread to your other plants.