The Q&A Archives: Camellia Won't Bloom

Question: My Camelia is goiing on its 3rd year and has not bloomed yet. I have fed it Camelia food and the leaves grow great, but no blooms? It gets adequate sunlight, but sometimes gets brown spots on the leaves.

Answer: I know it's disappointing not to have flowers but if your camellia looks otherwise healthy there's not much you can do. When it is mature enough, it will develop flowers. Continue to give it good care and when it is ready, it will bloom. Brown spots can indicate some kind of fungus but that would not keep the plant from producing flowers. Just cut or pull off the affected leaves. A little pruning will encourage new growth - perhaps that alone will be enough to convince your plant to flower. Hope so! Wish I had something more to share with you!