The Q&A Archives: fertilizer

Question: I have potted plants, what type of fertilizer should I be using? They are indoor and out door potted plants. (Florida)

Answer: Because the roots of potted plants are confined, they are more susceptible to fertilizer burn so the safest and easiest way to feed them is with a water soluable houseplant fertilizer. I use Miracle-Gro, Peter's and Shultz's (whichever is on sale at the time!) Use a half-strength dilution and feed every two weeks during the growing season. (i.e. one TBS. per gallon of water instead of the recommended two TBS.) Feeding every 2 weeks provides all the necessary elements to the plant roots without the fear of salt burn. Best wishes with your plants!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."