The Q&A Archives: Botanical Name Of Queens Tears

Question: I have a plant that is called Queens tears. It looks like a type of cactus. I would like to know it's botanical name and how to get it to flower. All I've been getting is new plants.

Answer: Queen's Tears is billbergia nutans, a member of the Bromeliad family. It requires high temperatures to bring the plants into flower (above 75F degrees). If the temperature isn't high enough, the plant will just put out new foliage. Most Bromeliads require a brightly lit spot, out of direct sunlight. Water when the top of the soil looks dry.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"