The Q&A Archives: grubs

Question: Last October, early November, I discovered that we have grubs in our yard and therefore have moles. I think that if I get rid of the grubs, I'll get rid of the moles. I've been told to buy a fertilizer spreader and spread bug killer with it. What would you suggest? And if I have them, the neighbors probably do too? Thank You. Ann Newell

Answer: Milky Spore Disease, Merit, or Grubex are all registered for use against grubs. Although they are sometimes marketed for spring application, they should be applied in July, since that's when the grubs are most susceptible. You may be able to purchase time release granules - if so you can apply them in the early summer. Be sure to apply according to label directions.