The Q&A Archives: Dwarf Orange Tree

Question: I have a 4 year old Dwarf Orange Tree that has never produced fruit and now has light spots on the leaves? What can I do to help my tree?

Answer: Your orange tree should be mature enough to produce fruit so the question is, does it flower? If it flowers you'll get fruit unless the weather turns cold just as the flowers open. If it does not flower, it may not be getting enough sunshine. Make sure it has at least 8 hours of sunshine a day. The oldest leaves on the tree will drop off this time of year, just as new leaves are being produced. Spots are just the first step in the leaves dying. As long as you have new growth, the tree is just fine. Be sure to water well, and make sure your tree is getting adequate sunshine. It will flower and set fruit for you when it is ready to do so. There's not much else you can do to encourage fruit. Best wishes with your tree!