The Q&A Archives: St. Augustine Brown Patches

Question: I have fertilized my St. Agustine grass ,watered 2-3 times weekly, is it normal to still have brown patches?

Answer: Your brown patches could be due to a number of different things including dry spots, chinch bugs, grubs, or some fungal disease of the turf. I suggest you contact your local County Extension Office and ask them about having the problem diagnosed. It may be that you can bring in a sample taken according to their instructions or perhaps send them some digital photos e-mail. With such samples or photos they can better tell what is causing it and what to do about it. Their contact information is: Navarro County Extension Office, Courthouse, 300 West Third Street, Corsicana, TX 75110. Phone: 903-654-3075