The Q&A Archives: Eagle Scout Project

Question: I am trying to build a serenity garden for my eagle scout project. I have two twelve by twelve beds in full sun light that need to require little rain because in the summer it rains once a week. I wouldn't be able to water these plants. I would prefer perenials on a farily low cost. I would like this garden to be able to last for several years.

Answer: Sounds like a wonderful project! You're looking for drought tolerant perennials that grow well in the Georgia heat. Luckily, the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension has a terrific publication to share: Download this publication and you will learn all about soil preparation. proper planting techniques and weed control. There is even a list of drought-tolerant plants within the publication. I think it will be very helpful to you. Best wishes with your Eagle Scout Project!