The Q&A Archives: Driveway

Question: our driveway is has begun to sink, we filled it with broken stones, cinder blocks, and various other filler then added 18 bags of quick cement mix. It is still sinking, what should I do?

Answer: While filling in the sinking areas will make it easier to drive on, you really need to address the underlying cause. I suspect there is a drainage problem and the soil beneath your driveway is being washed away. I can't really advise you as to how to remedy the situation without actually inspecting the area. It might be that all you need to do is install a curtain drain to redirect runoff, but the problem might be more complex than that. Why not talk to a landscaping professional to see what your options might be? Hope the fix is an easy one!