The Q&A Archives: planting elberta peach trees in wrong area

Question: i live in saginaw tx my parents bought me 2 elberta peach trees @ home depot we planted them. they looked like dead twigs. How long before we should see life or are they in the wrong area we planted 2 weeks ago. right after i rec'd them. do they grow in this part of texas? or does it take longer for them to show some life?

Answer: I'd give them another couple of weeks before giving up on them. Sometimes newly planted trees take a little longer to green up than established trees. If, by the end of March you still do not see any life, you may need to replace your trees. The following are the best cultivars for your region in Texas:
Springold, Bicentennial, Sentinel, Ranger, Harvester, Red Globe, Milam, Denman, Loring, Dixiland, Redskin, Jefferson, Surecrop, Belle of Georgia.

Elberta's will grow, but won't produce nearly the crops that the above recommended cultivars will.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Agave"