The Q&A Archives: Jersey Blueberry Pollination

Question: I bought a 2-pack of Jersey blueberry plants from Home Depot. I've read some articles suggesting this variety needs a different

Answer: Your blueberry plants will produce some berries but you will have a heavier crop if you plant a second variety of blueberries in your garden. Blueberries have both male and female organs on the same flower, but not all are self pollinating. The best bet for blueberries is to have different varieties of blueberries within 100 feet, so bees can travel and cross pollinate. Your Jersey blueberries need another variety such as Bluecrop, Bluejay, Duke, Elliott, Little Giant, Nelson, Patriot, Rubel and Spartan. Any of these will provide cross pollination for your Jersey blueberries.

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"