The Q&A Archives: marathon grass care

Question: I have marathon2 and would like to what you carry so my grass can stay very green year round. I have some dry spots and some spots with no grass. thanks

Answer: Ample watering, mowing and feeding will help your lawn green up quickly. The Marathon All Season Fertilizer (27-5-5) consists of 27% nitrogen, 5% phosphorous, and 5% potassium and is a good choice for maintenance lawn feedings. Feed your lawn twice each year, once in the spring and once in the fall.

There are no registered pre-emergent herbicides available for use with Marathon turfgrasses so having a thick, healthy lawn is your best defense against weeds. Now is a good time to rake those bare areas so the grass can creep over and fill them in, and to hand dig any existing weeds.

Best wishes with your turf!