The Q&A Archives: Where To Buy Nut Trees?

Question: I've been trying to find a nursery that sells nut trees and have been unable to find anyone as of yet. I'm interested in English walnut and I'm not sure what else would grow good in my area. I've had real good success with peach apple cherry and pear.But would really like some nut trees that aren't 10-12 inches tall which is the only size I seem to be able to find in catalogs. So can you help me find a place in my area that sells any kind of nut tree.

Answer: Check the local nurseries and garden centers in the spring, some of them may even take special requests. If you still can't find what you need, try some of these places, I know Edible Landscaping sells some varieties that come to you 6-8 feet in height:

Edible Landscaping

Miller Nursery

St. Lawrence Nurseries

Stark Brothers