The Q&A Archives: ants

Question: Thanks for the reply to the ant ?. I needed to clarify that these are the fire/red ants that are the biting ones. We use the ortho ant killer, etc but they just go underground and move to another area or I have seen them take out the dead ants and still live in the colony. Would treating the entire lawn, ~2acres, with a spreader and the granules help? I would still consider the non-chemical way to

Answer: Fire ants can be a real problem because they do bite and can cause medical problems for some sensitive people. I agree with you - using a granular product, such as Ortho Max Fire Ant Killer Broadcast Granules, on your lawn will at least keep them out of the lawn. Good luck with your eradication project!