The Q&A Archives: moving blue fortune plant

Question: I am moving a couple of blue fortune plants to a sunnier location here in Florence, CO. How do I need to do this as far as root stimulator maybe, fertilizer, etc. What do I need to do? Will do the moving of these plants soom in eraly Spring. Carol

Answer: Agastache can be moved in early spring or early fall. Water it well ahead of time, then dig it up with as much of the root system as possible. Replant immediately into prepared soil, water well, and mulch. Keep the soil moist until the plant becomes re-established. In the future, if you find that a just-planted plant should be moved, you can usually do that within a day or two of the initial planting with no problem at all. You won't need a root stimulator but if you amend the planting bed with organic matter prior to installing your plant, it will ease the transplant stress.

Best wishes with your garden!