The Q&A Archives: Deer

Question: I have lost my fruit trees and vegetable garden to Deer for the past two years. My wife suggested we plkant more so the animals can eat too

Answer: I, too, love wildlife, but I'm not too happy when they feed on my plants. The short answer to keeping deer away from a garden is a fence or a good dog. Those are the most reliable methods. You can try many different home remedy repellents suc has cayenne pepper, garlic sprays, moth balls, human hair and Dial soap, or commercial repellents such as Hinder, Repel, Deer-Away, or animal urines and motion detector/water shooting devices, but they only work temporarily. If you have a particular area that they like, consider a fence to discourage the deer from eating all your hard earned produce. Wish I had more suggestions for you. Good luck with your landscape